A Few Of My August Favourites

So what is on the agenda for this month? Well I have been trying a fair amount of different products from ranges but I think I have a new addiction to the beauty products from And Other Stories. The And Other Stories store opened in Manchester a couple of months back and I decided to properly have a look inside. 

I have already heard a great deal about it from other bloggers, Youtubers and Instagramers - personally I just thought it was going to be another one of those overpriced minimalist stores that are all the trend nowadays where you practically need a mortgage just for buying a t-shirt or a pair of jeans. 

Despite them having some actually lovely sleek pieces in store I also managed to find my way to the beauty product section and I have a jolly wonderful time trying out everything.

I ended up purchasing four things to try which include the Devore cleansing lotion, Natte Anti-stress Seeping masque plus both the Punk Bouquet hand lotion and body spray which are my favourites. The And Other Stories beauty range is not tested on animals thankfully although it being 100% vegan friendly may differ. 



The gorgeous 'Body pudding' body cream from the new Zoella Beauty range for just £8.00 is deliciously thick, with tiny pink beads embedded making it resemble sprinkles in an ice cream pot!

With a splash of elderflower and pomegranate this cream gives you such beautiful skin after it has been massaged in. It's lovely to use and I just think the smell is delicious.

And Other Stories hand lotion in 'Punk Bouquet' is an absolute god send for me - I think I've used almost all of it by now. Due to a skin condition I get with my hands and with the job I do I can get really dry hands. 

But the scent in general with frothy vanilla, tiger orchid and lotus is a heavenly mixture.The macadamia oil in this gives your skin a luxurious feel and there is sweet almond oil inside too for a booster in the vitamin E department and leaves your hands extra soft. I love it!

Now NYX brought out their new 'Professional Total Control Drop Foundation' around a month ago, I was fairly interested in trying it out as I have quite a large handful of their products already. I was impressed by the large amount of shades NYX had from pale tones to darker ones and I thought this was a good step within the make up industry to finally start catering to all shades. 

So I gave it a try and the applicator is a dropper-tipped shades (almost resembling a medicine bottle). I found the application quite easy enough because I do use a blender for my foundation anyway but this may not suit everyone's tastes. However the in the product's name "Control Drop" should give it away immediately that this isn't your regular foundation. 

As for the formula I found that it was incredibly runny,  I will be honest by saying I wasn't taken at first but the more I continued to use this product it became easier once I figured out how to properly deal with it in my own way. 

I do love the velvet matte finish it gives, it comes across as very natural looking too and the formula is extremely lightweight too. It does not leave your skin cakey or heavy either which is always a plus when it comes to foundation.

However you need more than 4-5 drops to get the full coverage. The bottle is fairly small for the amount you pay for though and I do think you should get more for £14. 




The 'Devore cleansing lotion' is quite small and the way it all comes out reminds me of hair dye bottles at the most. The product itself is very milky, smooth with a tint of hazel leaf but it does an excellent job at purifying your skin and removing all the excess day's grime. 

As for 'Natte Anti-stress sleeping masque' I find that it's lovely to pop on after a nice shower before bed, it's extremely moisturising and a good boost as an overnight mask.

The product contains arginine and a touch of oat to help relax the skin and give you a much more radiant look in the morning. I only use this product every now and again not so much everyday due to not wanting to clog my pores too much. So far I find that it's quite decent. 


Primark have been upping their game recently as well and almost every blogger knows this nowadays. 

Primark has been catering to everyone of all ages from their wide range of Disney products, the unicorn and mermaid fad, copper homeware which is very blogger tier and all the other latest on trend pieces that are out there these days. 

Its just that Primark does everything for a much cheaper price however compared to other stores where the most simple items can amount to a small fortune. 

But I found that within Primark's beauty section they are now doing many other new things I have never seen Primark sell before. These include body oils, face masks, hair masks and foot care products. While everything was incredibly enticing I decided to just leave it off for now and I ended up buying this 'Sleep, Pillow and Body spray' from their new collection. 

It's actually really refreshing! You give your pillows in bed a quick squirt and it leaves them smelling lovely. It's nice to snuggle down in bed and fall asleep with a long-lasting floral scent under your nose. I will be going back for more Primark beauty products very soon! 

As for the And Other Stories body spray in 'Punk Bouquet' it was a favourite from the get go when I had a quick squirt of it while I was stood inside the shop. It's a very light scent with tiger orchid and a tad of dewy lotus flower added in for good measure. There is a spark of almond too and tangerine. It's such a beautiful scent!




What beauty products have you got on the agenda for this month? Have you been raving over a particular beauty range like me too? If so please share!

XO

2 comments:

  1. Such cute photos! I love the look of sleep spray. That's such a cute calendar too, love the design xx
    Liv
    livwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the spray is really good! You should try it hun! :) xxx

      Delete