What I Wore: The Little Blue Dress



So this is probably my first outfit post! I usually define my style as incredibly feminine with perhaps a vintage twist and classic feel. I do enjoy my Adidas kicks, a pair of tight black jeans and a cute baggy top on from time to time too. 

But when I get the chance I love to go all out and dress as pretty as possible! I am really loving lace and all these beautiful ruffles at the moment too, I continue to see them pop up each time I head on to Instagram or in stores. You can never have enough ruffle and lace in my opinion anyway! 

The fabric is woven with broderie anglaise too with at least three layers of frills,  a frilly front and back too, the waist is gathered seam and the skirt flared with lining included. 

I had my eye on this gorgeous blue dress from H&M and I thought it would be perfect for this summer. It's baby blue which is a colour I don't own as much so I thought the switch from my usual white and black was a change.

A good one though! I'm glad I did buy it because this dress as received so many compliments. It was a little pricey... but it is a dress which would look lovely on occasions too as well as the odd sunny day out.

Plus the quality is fairly decent too and I would rather pay for a dress which compliments my style, rather than a cheaper dress that miss the mark and fall apart in the wash after the first wear. 

The sizing for this dress only goes from S/M and M/L so I would advice anyone around a size 10/12 to just go for the smaller size because it's incredibly loose. It's like a tent! Its super loose and comfy though which is a bonus! 

The cut is just up my street too which lands just above the knee - I'm 5'8 and for me it feels perfectly fine. I love how the ruffles on the shoulders look when wearing the dress as it makes me feel like I am being whizzed away to Wonderland... it feels classical and cute



To finish off I paired the dress with these black double strap shoes from ASOS which gives the outfit a slightly dolly but retro kind of vibe. I added my trusty pink watch on too (I never go anywhere without it!) and topped the look off with my cat eye leopard sunglasses. 

I like to imagine this look stirs in the cutesy direction but with a grown up appeal applied to it as well. I am all for dolly and adorable but I don't like to overdo it too much. 

However I am pleased with this first outfit post! 



Dress: H&M
Bag: Ted Baker
Shoes: ASOS
Sunglasses: Oliver Bonas
Watch: Olivia Burton


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment